Weekly Harvest is a combined CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) run through Local Harvest Grocery. It is a year-round subscription program, sourcing from local farmers and vendors throughout the seasons. Our shares feature local, pasture-raised meat or a vegetarian alternative, lots of produce, free-range eggs every other week, and a monthly rotation of locally roasted coffee or tea, local grains, and local dairy.
The cost is $50 plus tax per week, paid upon pick up. Because we are able to order in bulk for Weekly Harvest and there is little overhead, it’s generally about 10-15% cheaper as a whole versus buying each product separately at Local Harvest.
We send out a weekly email newsletter, including a content list, recipes, farmer updates, storage tips, etc. Don’t fear the weird- if the shares feature an unusual veggie, we’ll try to provide information on how to store it and prepare it.
In addition, there are several ways Weekly Harvest differs from traditional CSAs:
- No year-long commitment. The program runs all year, but you can choose how long to participate. Start and stop any time, just give us a week’s advance notice. Vacation schedules and skipped weeks can be accommodated.
- No prepayment necessary. We will ask to keep a credit card on file, only to be charged in the case of a no-show. Otherwise, members pay when they pick up their share.
- 10% grocery discount. Members receive a 10% discount on additional grocery purchases (excluding alcohol) when they pick up their share.
- Pick up options. Members may elect to pick up weekly or every other week, with three pick up days to choose from: Friday after 2 PM, any time Sunday, any time Monday. Delivery is available on Monday afternoons to a limited area for an additional $5.*
- Special diet- and allergy-friendly. We can make your shares vegetarian, vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, or paleo. If you have a food allergy, let us know and we will have a substitution or offer a credit when that item is in the shares. Other substitutions are not generally allowed.
- More farmers, more variety. We source from many farmers to add more variety to our shares. We try our best not to include the same items week after week, making eating seasonally that much better.
*Our delivery area currently includes University City/WashU, Clayton, Maplewood, and Kirkwood. If you are interested in delivery please provide us with your address when you register, and we will let you know if you’re in our delivery area.
If you’d like to register, please send an email to Becca, our Weekly Harvest coordinator- firstname.lastname@example.org– with the following information:
- Full name and phone number
- Omnivore or vegetarian option
- Coffee, tea, or either preference
- Any allergies or special diets
- Preferred pick up day- after 2 PM Friday, any time Sunday, any time Monday, or Monday delivery
To complete your registration we will also need a credit card to keep on file. Due to security issues this is best done in person or over the phone. Our Weekly Harvest coordinator will reply to your email with further instructions.
Please feel free to email Becca with any questions you may have. email@example.com.